CHAIR HOW-TO: Email Authors
There are various times throughout the conference Chairs will need to email Authors.
EMAILING AUTHORS STATUS FROM CHAIR CONSOLE
The way to email Authors their status is done using filters in the ‘Status’ column. This example will notify Authors of a “Reject’ status.
The Paper Statuses are all updated in the Chair Console.
- From the Chair Console filter the Status column for ‘Reject.’ Click in the status field and select the ‘Reject’ checkbox then click ‘Ok.’
- Then select the ‘Actions>Email>Authors (All).’
BUILD A TEMPLATE
- A template will have to be created. Click the ‘Template’ dropdown and select ‘Create new...’ Then click ‘Show All Supported Placeholders.’
Each page that you email from, may have different placeholders with which to build your templates.
For example, emailing ‘All Primary Authors’ from the Chair Console will have different placeholders than emailing Meta-Reviewers from the Meta-Reviewers page.
- Use the placeholders with some text to build your email template. Copy and paste them into the body of the email so it looks like this (your text will vary):
- When satisfied with the template, click ‘Save as new template…’
- Enter the Template name and click ‘Save Template.’
- Click ‘Preview and Send emails.’
- If satisfied with the email, click ‘Send emails.’
The progress bar appears
- Click ‘OK’ when successfully sent.
You will notice there were 5 emails sent, yet only 3 recipients. This is because there may be two or more papers from a single Author or Co-Author. This email is sent per PaperID, not per Author.
EMAILING AUTHORS FOR CAMERA-READY FILES
After the conference has been set up to accept camera-ready files, the Proceeding Editor will notify the authors to submit their camera-ready files. Click here for HOW-TO: Proceeding Editor - Email Authors