CHAIR HOW-TO: iThenticate
iThenticate needs to be enabled by CMT on a selective basis for certain IEEE conferences.
The instructions below are for information purposes.
iThenticate is the leading provider of professional plagiarism detection and prevention technology used worldwide by scholarly publishers and research institutions to ensure the originality of written work before publication. Papers can be sent from CMT to iThenticate for checking for plagiarism. It is advised to enable iThenticate before you enable submissions as authors need to agree to the terms of iThenticate. Once iThenticate is enabled, the iThenticate agreement checkbox appears on the Submission page when the authors upload their papers.
Papers sent to iThenticate are to be in .pdf format only. No other formats will be accepted.
For example, sending a .docx file will give an error.
- From the Settings tab click ‘Features>iThenticate,’ enable the checkbox. The Chairs can use the dropdown to configure whether to send Submission File or Camera-Ready File for plagiarism detection. Click ‘Save changes.’
If your IEEE conference does not have this option, it will have to be enabled by CMT Support.
In a multi-track conference, it must be enabled in each track.
AUTHOR AGREEMENT REQUIRED
Authors will see this agreement in the Submission Form only when iThenticate is enabled in your conference.
- Once iThenticate is enabled for all tracks, Authors will then need to agree to the use of iThenticate. The Author will check the required checkbox in the iThenticate agreement section on the Submission Form.
iThenticate workflow consists of the following:
- Send Papers (in pdf format)
- Retrieve Result
- View Results
iThenticate workflow pages can be accessed from the Chair Console.
• From the Chair Console click ‘Actions.’ Select ‘iThenicate>Send Papers.’
The iThenicate page opens. The table shows the Paper Status, Number of Authorized Papers, and the Number of Files to be sent.
- Check the Papers you want to send to iThenticate. Click ‘Send.’
You will then see the progress of the papers sent to iThenticate.
- Click ok when it reaches 100%.
It may take some time for iThenticate to process a matching request. The more papers and reviewers, the longer it takes for RESULTS to be ready for retrieval.
- Click on the Retrieve Result tab. If it is still processing, you will see the ‘pending’ message.
- When they have been done you will see ‘Retrieved.’ Click ‘OK.’
Here you can see if the papers are done processing and what percentage of the paper is a match for plagiarism. The lower the percentage the less likely to contain plagiarism.
- Click View Status. If the papers are still processing, you will see the ‘Status’ of ‘Sent’ instead of ‘Done.’ The ‘%Match’ column will also be blank.
When the files are finished processing, the status will read, ‘Done.’ The ‘%Match’ column will be populated along with links in the 'Report' column.
- Click 'View Report of the paper desired
The iThentictae report for that submission opens