CHAIR HOW-TO: Reviewer Suggestion
Meta-Reviewers can suggest Reviewers they consider suitable to review a paper.
There are different ways to use Suggestions.
- Suggestions can be used during manual assignment. Chairs can assign papers to reviewers with higher suggestion rank.
- Suggestions can be used individually or in combination with Bids and Relevance during Automatic Assignment. When used together with Bids and Relevance, Chairs can assign weight.
- For larger conferences, Chairs can use TPMS scores to create a list of suggestions offline and work with CMT Support to upload the list to the conference (to restrict papers shown to reviewers to bid).
The Meta-Reviewer must have already been assigned papers.
On the Meta-Review Settings page, there are two settings related to candidate suggestions:
- Enable Meta-Reviewer to suggest reviewers for submission.
- Do not allow Meta-Reviewer to edit reviewer suggestions for submission.
Chairs can enable the first setting to allow meta-reviewers to enter suggestions. When the deadline for making suggestion is over, they would select the second setting (keep the first one selected).
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab, click ‘Features>Meta-Review.’ Scroll down and check the ‘Enable Meta-Reviewer to suggest reviewers for submission’ checkbox, then ‘Save changes.’
- From the same ‘Settings’ tab, click ‘Activity Timeline>Deadline’ and enable ‘Meta-Review Submission’ with a proper Deadline, then ‘Save changes.’
WHAT THE META-REVIEWER SEES
- Chairs should at this time request Meta-Reviewers to enter suggestions. In the Meta-Reviewer Console there will be a dropdown enabling the Meta-Reviewer to edit suggestions for each assigned paper.
- Once the deadline for making suggestions is over, go to the ‘Settings’ tab, click ‘Features>Meta-Review.’ Check the ‘Do not allow Meta-Reviewer to edit reviewer suggestions for submission’ checkbox (leaving the ‘Enable Meta-Reviewer to suggest reviewers for submission’ checkbox enabled), then ‘Save changes.’
In larger conferences, Chairs may want to restrict Reviewers to bid only on suggested papers.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab, click ‘Features> Review’, check the "Allow bidding only for suggested submissions" checkbox, then ‘Save changes.’
WHAT THE REVIEWER SEES
- The Reviewer will now only be able to bid on the suggested papers. The screenshot below shows 2 papers suggested for Reviewer A.
Meta-Reviewers create suggestions that the Chairs can use to make manual assignments.
- For the chair to get to the 'Edit Suggestions' page, go to the right of the row of the paper needed, click More>'Edit Suggestions by Meta-reviewer. The 'Edit Suggestion' page opens.
Chairs see the suggestions in the Candidate Suggestion Rank column of the Edit Assignments (Reviewer) page.
Chairs may download suggestions in a text file.
- Go to Actions>Export to Tab Delimited>Reviewer Suggestions
- Save the file locally; click ‘OK’.
The file shows the suggestions with Paper ID, Meta-Reviewer email, Reviewer email and rank. This can be used with importing Reviewer assignments in bulk.
-When assigning papers to Reviewers using the ‘Automatic Assignment Wizard,’ you may give ‘Suggestions’ a weight in the ‘Configure options’ page.
CREATING AN OFFLINE SUGGESTION LIST
For larger conferences, Chairs can use TPMS scores to create a list of suggestions offline.
TPMS was enabled and scores retrieved.
- Go to the TPMS Download Scores page and Download the TPMS scores
From the downloaded CSV, Chairs can create a list of suggestions for all papers. Chairs then contact CMT Support: firstname.lastname@example.org to have the list uploaded into the conference.