CHAIR HOW-TO: Revision
Chairs may elect to have a revision phase in their conference.
Authors are notified that the reviewers decided to look at the paper once more after revisions are made. This gives authors a second chance for their paper to be accepted.
Review and Meta-Review Questions
Authors would need to be able to read reviews of their papers so they know what to revise.
To make Reviews (and Meta-Reviews) visible to authors, the questions first must be enabled as such.
- Go to Review Forms, and for each question that the author is to see the reviewer's answer, select 'Visible to authors after author notification', then click save.
- Do the same for Meta-Review questions if desired.
- From the Settings tab, click Features>Submission and check the ‘Allow submission of revision files for Revision paper’ checkbox. Set the file formats, maximum number of files, minimum number of files, and the maximum file size. Then click ‘Save changes.’
- From the Chair Console set the ‘Status’ to ‘Revision’.
Chairs can notify Authors of their paper status together with other papers or they can be emailed separately by filtering the ‘Status’ column for ‘Revision’ before sending emails. This will send the emails only to Authors with the status of ‘Revision.’
- Click Actions>Email>Submissions choose to email all authors or just the primary contacts.
After the Author notifications are sent, the ‘Revision Submission’ setting will need to be enabled.
- From the Settings>Activity Timeline>Deadline page, enable ‘Revision Submission’ and set a proper, future-dated deadline.
- Make sure that the ‘Author Notification’ status is set to ‘Completed’ with a Deadline date in the past
After the notification, Authors will see the statuses of their papers, and a link to upload a revision paper.
Once an Author uploads the revision, they will have the option to edit.
Once the deadline is over for the Author to submit the Revision, there are 2 more settings to enable for the Review to commence.
- From the Settings>Features>Review page - 'Revision' section, check the ‘Allow only revision papers for reviewing’ checkbox, then ‘Save changes.’ This will disallow all other papers, except revision papers, to be reviewed. Click ‘Save changes.’
Do not select this until after the revision submission.
- From Settings>Activity Timeline>Deadline, enable the ‘Review Submission’ setting with a proper future-dated deadline. Click ‘Save changes.’ Once done, send notification to the Reviewers to commence the Revision review.
Once the Reviewers have gotten notification, they can commence the review of the Revision paper.
- The Reviewer can download the paper by clicking the link.
- Save the zip file locally.
- Open the file, click extract all. The zip contains both the original paper and the revision.
- After the Reviewer comes to a decision on the revision, the Reviewer can edit the Review by clicking ‘Edit review’ in the Review Console.
The Chair makes the final decision on the Paper and sets the status accordingly. The Author notifications are then sent.
Download Revision Files
- Filter the Status column for 'Revision'
- Filter the 'Revision Submitted?' column for Yes.
- To download new revision files, click Action>Download Submissions>Submissions. (Submission and Supplemental Files can be downloaded instead, if needed.)
- Open the zip file, and click on a paper ID. In this example Paper ID #2.
The 'Revision' file will be in a separate folder from the original submission with its respective paper ID.