CHAIR HOW-TO: Camera-Ready
After the paper decision-making phase, Chairs enable the papers for camera-ready submissions. They also may post questions and set other requirements for the Proceeding Editor or Authors.
Once that is done, the Proceeding Editor will take over the responsibilities of the camera-ready phase of the conference.
If the conference is to use the IEEE eCF Copyright transfer, it must be registered with IEEE beforehand.
Filter Paper Status
- From the ‘Chair Console,’ filter the Status column for ‘Accept.’ Click ‘Ok.’
Enable Camera-Ready Request (Bulk)
The Camera-Ready Request can be enabled in bulk or the papers can be enabled individually
- To enable them in bulk, click ‘Actions,’ select Camera-ready>Bulk Enable.
- Click ‘OK’ on the ensuing pop-up.
The ‘Requested for Camera Ready?’ column shows ‘Yes.’
Enable Camera-Ready Request (Individually)
- Click on the ‘No’ link in the Requested for Camera Ready?’ column for the paper you want to enable. A dropdown will automatically appear. Select ‘Yes.’
The ‘Requested for Camera Ready?’ column shows ‘Yes’ for that paper.
For a multi-track conference you will need to do this for each track you want camera-ready enabled.
Camera Ready Submission Questions
- Go to the Settings tab, then click ‘Forms>Camera Ready Submission.’ Click the ‘+Add new question’ button.
- In the ‘Create New Question’ pop-up, enter the Title, Text, check or uncheck the Required checkbox and set the Type of question. Repeat to add more questions. Click ‘Save changes.’
The question can be edited or deleted using the icons on the right.
At this point, the Proceeding Editor will take over the responsibilities of the camera-ready phase of the conference.
The responsibilities of the Proceeding Editor are only to facilitate the camera-ready submissions.
Not all conferences will utilize a Proceeding Editor.
For those conferences not using a Proceeding Editor, please continue.
- Go to the Settings tab, select 'Deadline' and enable the Camera-Ready Submission status. Set the date appropriately. Click 'Save Changes.'
- From the Settings tab, click 'Features.' In the 'Welcome Messages and Instructions' field, enter the information the Authors need to know about the camera-ready-submission.
Camera Ready Submission File Section
Once a file is uploaded it will not be able to be deleted. Camera-Ready cannot fall below 1 file once a file is uploaded. If 3 files were uploaded, 2 files may be deleted, but 1 will have to remain. This can be replaced with a placeholder file, such as an empty document.
IEEE Copyright Requirement Section
- In the ‘IEEE Copyright Requirement’ section, enable the checkbox, enter the ‘Publication Title’ and ‘5-digit conference ID.’
In the 'Other' section, enable the settings you want:
'Require reproducibility check list'
'Do not allow editing authors'
'Allow meta-reviewer to view submission'
'Allow senior meta-reviewer to view submission'
Click 'Save changes.'
It is here where you would ask questions for the Authors to answer.
- From the Settings tab, click 'Forms.' Click the 'Add New Question' button.
- In the ensuing popup, enter the 'Title' and 'Text.' Then enter if it is a required question and the type of question. Click 'Save changes.'
After the conference has been set up to accept camera-ready files, the Chair will notify the authors to submit their camera-ready files.
- From the Chair Console filter the paper status for Accept.
- Click 'Actions>Email>Authors(All)
- Fill out the email or use a template if one is made. Then click ‘Preview and Send emails.’
- View the email, then click 'Send.'