HOW-TO: Author Submission
USE KNOWN CONFERENCE URL
- Most users access CMT Conferences with a link provided by the Chair in the Call for Papers. Click on the link or copy it and paste it in a browser. If you do not have a link from a Chair or Call for Papers, you may search for the conference in CMT.
- If you have an account, enter your CMT credentials to access the site at log in. If you do not have an account in CMT, please refer to ‘HOW-TO: Account Creation.’
SEARCH FOR CONFERENCE URL IN CMT
- Log into CMT and click on All Conferences to search for the Conference to which you will submit your paper.
- Use the filter field in the upper right to search for the Conference you need.
- Once you find the Conference, click on the Conference Name link.
- The Author Console page appears. It is here you will submit your paper by clicking on the “+ Create new submission” button.
The Create New Submission page appears. Depending upon how it is set up by the Chair, this page will take on different looks.
CREATE NEW SUBMISSION
When all sections are enabled, the Create New Submission page will look like the image below. Note the image is for demonstration purposes; the actual page will vary. Required fields are marked with an <*> asterisk.
The sections are:
- Welcome message
- Title and Abstract
- Domain Conflicts
- Subject Areas
- Additional Questions
- Submit and Cancel buttons
It is important to note that no files uploaded will be saved unless the Submit button is clicked.
WELCOME AND INTRUCTIONS
- Chairs may have a message and/or instruction for all authors. This will appear at the top of the Create New Submission page.
TITLE AND ABSTRACT
- The Title field is for the title of the paper.
- The Abstract field is where you put the summary of your paper. Note, you are allowed to submit the Title and Abstract without uploading file(s) when creating a submission. You can edit the submission subsequently to upload file(s) before paper deadline.
- The Author section is prepopulated with your profile information and you are preselected as the Primary Contact.
- To add a co-author, enter the co-author’s email address into the field (in yellow below) and click add.
- If the co-author you wish to add is not a user in CMT, you will see “User was not found. To add a new user, please enter information below and click Add Button.” If the co-author is already a user, the co-author will be added to the end of the Author list.
- Enter the co-author’s first and last names along with the Organization to which he or she belongs and the Country/Region where they reside. Then click the Add button.
- Once added, the co-author’s profile will appear in the list. You may change the Primary Contact to the co-author by clicking Primary Contact radio button in co-author’s row. The ‘X’ and ‘arrow’ icons on the end of the rows are there so you may delete the entry and/or move it up in hierarchy.
- Domain Conflicts is a required field. You will need to fill out all known Domain Conflicts. As noted in the instructions, do not enter public webmail providers as institution domains.
- If Chairs have included the Subject Areas section on submission form, Authors can select a Primary Subject Area and optional Secondary Subject Areas. Note the image Subject Areas are for demonstration purposes. Actual Subject Areas will vary.
- To upload file for your paper, drag and drop the file into the dotted region or click the “Upload from Computer” button. Please note the number of files you may upload, the size and the type of documents allowed. Uploaded file will not be saved unless the Submit button at the bottom of the form is clicked.
- Chairs may require qualifying questions to be answered. These may be required fields (marked by an asterisk <*>). They could consist of questions of agreement, multiple choice, or limited-character text field types. Note the image is for demonstration purposes. Actual questions will vary.
SUBMIT AND CANCEL BUTTONS
- Once the form is filled out with all the required information, click Submit.
EDIT CONFLICTS OF INTEREST PAGE
- If the Chair enabled the 'Edit Conflicts of Interest' page, this page will appear after clicking Submit. If it is not enabled, the Submissions Summary page will appear. Edit this page by clicking on the “Edit” dropdown on the right and selecting all the appropriate boxes and click 'Done.' The Submission Summary page will then appear.
CMT does not automatically generate a confirmation email.
Although there is no automatically generated confirmation email, you may do this manually by clicking on the “Email” button on the right. You have the option to send it to yourself or all authors. Click send Email.
The email that the system sends to the Author(s) looks like this: