TOP 10 QUESTIONS
How do I email Chairs?
When logged into your conference, go to your name dropdown in the upper right corner, then select 'Contact Chairs.'
Why does the 'Submission' button not appear for Authors?
The chair needs to enable this.
Why can't I log in or create an account?
- Presuming you have a correct password, an out-of-date browser will give you issues. Please make sure all of your browsers are up to date.
- Typing 'edge://settings/help' into Microsoft Edge will let you know if your browser is current, and it will automatically update if it is not.
- Do not use a link from an email to login as it may be invalid. Using an invalid link will give you log in issues.
ONLY use this link to login: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com
- If a new password was requested and received, please be aware of any leading and trailing spaces when copying and pasting your password as that will cause the login to fail.
- Make sure if you are creating a new account, you are not trying to log in. You must click the 'Register' link to create a new account.
How long can we keep our conference CMT site?
New sites need to be requested every year. Chairs need to download data after their conference is completed. We do not keep conferences more than a couple of years after it is over to reduce cost. Once the conference is removed from CMT, the data is no longer available.
How can I change the URL of my site?
Only CMT Support can change a URL. Chairs can, however, change the name of their conference.
Why can't I receive a verification email?
- There are some universities/workplaces which have strict firewalls and CMT emails do not get through. Sometimes they get routed to your spam/junk folder.
- We suggest your contacting the IT dept and asking them to whitelist ‘@msr-cmt.org’ so you can get emails from both support and your conference as they are different.
- Another option you have is to change your CMT account email to a Gmail or Yahoo as those seem not to have any issues.
If urgent, contact CMT Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A Reviewer entered a review, which I saw previously, but why does it now appear to have been removed?
There could be a few reasons.
- Reviewer now has a conflict with that paper
- The paper has has changed the track after review was submitted
- The paper was withdrawn
- Author or Reviewer deleted their CMT account
Why can't I add a user to the conference?
The user must have a valid CMT account in order to be added to the conference in whatever role the chair decides.
How do I know if my paper was submitted properly?
It was submitted properly by the very nature of the paper being visible in the Author Console. CMT will now send confirmation emails to all authors (whether they have a valid CMT account or not) upon creation of a submission. Authors may manually send emails to ALL Authors or just themselves by clicking the drop-down option in the upper right-hand corner of the Summary page.
How do I merge all of my CMT accounts to a single email?
First you must link accounts. Once the accounts are linked, they can be merged by following this guide.