HOW-TO: Account Creation
This will show how to create an account in CMT.
An out-of-date browser will give you issues creating an account. Please make sure all of your browsers are up to date.
Typing 'edge://settings/help' into Microsoft Edge will let you know if your browser is current, and it will automatically update if it is not.
- Navigate to site: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/User/Login Click “Register”.
- Fill out Create New Account Page. Fields with an <*> asterisk are required. (Note: the Google Scholar ID, Semantic Scholar ID and DBPL IDs are not required, however Chairs may require some users to have one or more.)
For Google Scholar ID, Semantic Scholar ID and DBLP ID, please refer to the
'HOW-TO: External Profile IDs' document.
The “Welcome to CMT” page appears notifying you that an email was sent to you with a verification link.
The email will look like this:
- Once you click on the link in the email, you will see the Account Verification page. You can then use the “click here” link to log into CMT.
User accounts could be created in the following scenarios:
1. User registers an account from Account Registration page.
2. User is added as co-author for a paper.
3. User is invited as reviewer or meta-reviewer by a conference chair.
4. User is added into specific role (chair, track chair, reviewer, external-reviewer, meta-reviewer, proceeding editor) for a conference.
As a result, user can have multiple accounts created in the system.
This may create difficulty for user to find papers or assignments in conferences.