HOW-TO: Change Account Email
- Do not delete your account because something isn't working right. Deleting your account affects not only you, but also your co-authors and conferences because any papers associated with your CMT account email will also be deleted. Most things can be rectified so deletion would not be needed.
- Do not create a new CMT account if you already have one. Changing a CMT account email is the best option as CMT does not provide a merged view of different accounts.
Users can change their CMT account email to one that is not already used in CMT.
You will need access to your CMT account and to the new email address provider to get the verification link. You do not need to have access to the old email provider.
If you need to request a new change of email because you mistyped the first email address, you will need to wait an hour before you can request another change.
If both emails are being used as accounts in CMT, the user will not be able to change the CMT account email from one to the other.
If your preferred email CMT account has no conferences/PC roles/Papers associated with it, it can be deleted from CMT. That email can then be used to change the non-preferred CMT account email.
- From any page in CMT (in this example it is the Conference List page as soon as you log in), click your name dropdown and select ‘Change Email.’
CHANGE EMAIL DIALOG
Please make sure the spelling of the new email is correct.
Also, please verify there are no trailing or leading spaces in the ‘New Email’ and ‘Confirm Email’ fields.
- Enter your current (OLD) email address, new email address, then confirm the new email address. Click ‘OK.’
A green notification bar appears at the bottom of the page saying the 'Account email change request has been sent to your inbox for the new account email. Please check your email to complete the request.'
- Go to your new email address inbox, retrieve the verification email and follow the instructions for Step 2.
- After the link is pasted into the open CMT window, you will get a confirmation page. Click 'Confirm.'
ACCOUNT EMAIL CHANGE COMPLETION
A new page will appear confirming the account email was changed successfully.