HOW-TO: Account Deletion
DO NOT DELETE YOUR CMT ACCOUNT IF ALL THAT IS NEEDED IS:
Deleting an account requires email verification to complete.
You will not be able to delete a CMT account email if it is not a valid email address. You can just leave it dormant.
Please note the following before proceeding with account deletion.
- If you are author of a paper, the paper will be deleted and will not be reviewed.
- Co-authors will be notified as they will be affected.
- If you are a reviewer, your submitted reviews will be deleted.
- If you are a meta-reviewer, your submitted meta-reviews will be deleted.
- Chairs will be notified of all user account deletions since such deletion can affect conference workflow.
- After deletion request is confirmed, it typically takes up to 3 days to complete.
- Deleted account cannot be restored.
- If you have questions about account deletion, please contact CMT Support.
- Log into CMT, then click on your name dropdown in the upper right. Select ‘Delete Account.’
The ‘Request Account Deletion’ page opens.
REQUEST ACCOUNT DELETION PAGE
After request is submitted, you will not be able to log into this CMT account. Therefore, we suggest you download all your data associated with this account before submitting the request.
- Enter the optional reason for the deletion, then click ‘Request Deletion.’ An email will be sent to the account holder with a link confirming deletion.
The link expires one hour.
A notification of the verification-email the system sent to the account holder, appears in the ‘Request Account Deletion’ page.
- Retrieve the email and click on the link to verify deletion.
ACCOUNT DELETION CONFIRMATION PAGE
The ‘Account Deletion Confirmation’ page opens.
An 'Account Deletion Request Confirmed' email will be sent.
Retrieve the email.