CHAIR HOW-TO: Enable Submissions
Enabling submission activities is the beginning of the conference workflow, after administering users and roles. This allows authors to upload papers for review later.
This tutorial is for a Single-Track conference.
Multi-Track conferences work the same way, only the Track needs to be selected before any settings can take place.
- From the ‘Settings’ tab, select ‘Features>Submission.’
It is here you have the option to put in a greeting or instructions for all Authors.
- Enter the Welcome/Instruction message if any. There is a 4000-character limit.
Select if you want all Authors (or only the Primary Author) to be able to delete the submission, or leave it blank if you do not want Authors to have that permission.
Select if you want Authors to enter an abstract for the paper and if it is required. The character range is 1000 to 9000.
Here you set the maximum and minimum number of files allowed to be submitted, as well as the file size (up to 100MB – 10 is usually more than enough) and file extensions (comma separated) that can be uploaded. File extensions can include, pdf, docx, pptx, etc.
CMT will allow video files. Just add the video file extension, e.g mp4, to the 'File formats (comma separated)' field. Also, increase the 'Maximum file size not exceeed' to cover the size of the video.
Chairs may option to request authors to upload supplementary material to supplement the paper file, such as:
- Images or videos to demonstrate results of the proposed approach.
- Technical reports, extended proofs or mathematical derivations that would help reviewers understand submitted papers better.
In CMT, supplementary material is managed separately from papers. It has its own activity.
It can be submitted at the same time as submission files or after submission deadline to give author additional time to prepare.
Submission files must be uploaded before Authors can submit supplementary file.
Supplementary material can have different size limit, file type and number of files from submission files.
Supplementary material will be included in the files when Reviewers or Meta-Reviewers download assigned papers.
- Select the checkbox to "Allow submission of supplementary material.”
- Configure supplementary material file types and size limits.
CMT will allow video files in Supplementary materials. Just add the video file extension, e.g mp4, to the 'File formats (comma separated)' field. Also, increase the 'Maximum file size not exceeed' to cover the size of the video.
Related: Manage Revision
Related: Manage Subject Areas
For Authors who withdraw their papers, there are a couple of options.
- To let Authors withdraw papers after the deadline has passed, check the box next to 'Allow authors to withdraw paper after submission deadline.'
- If Authors are to see the Reviews of the withdrawn paper, check ‘Allows authors to see the reviewing data of withdrawn paper.’
- Check ‘Allows authors to see status and reviewing data’ if Authors are to see the ‘Desk Reject’ status of their paper.
- Check to 'Do not allow editing authors' to disallow authors from editing co-authors after submission.
- Check to show the Welcome/Instruction message on both Author Console and Submission Form.
Save your changes before you navigate away from this page or the settings will be lost.
PAPER SUBMISSION AND EDIT SUBMISSION
It is here you would enable the Paper and Edit activities.
- From the Chair Console go to the ‘Settings’ tab, select ‘Activity TimeLine>Deadline.’ Enable Paper Submission and Edit Submission with proper future dates.
Enabling ‘Supplementary Material’ is optional.
- Click 'Save changes.'
Edit Submission must be enabled with Paper Submission or an error will occur
SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIAL SUBMISSION
- Enable the "Supplementary Material" Activity Status and set a proper Deadline.