CHAIR HOW-TO: Invite Reviewers
There are a number of ways to add Reviewers to a conference:
- Adding them manually, one at a time
- Import them in bulk
- Invite them one at a time
- Invite them in bulk
This document will cover inviting Reviewers. Reviewers have the option to accept or decline the invitation.
- In the Settings tab, click ‘Features>Review.’ Make sure the ‘Add users as reviewer when they accept reviewer invite’ checkbox is enabled.
- To change the duration of the invitation, enter the number of days (the default is 7 days) then click ‘Save changes’ at the bottom of the page.
INVITE REVIEWER (INDIVIDUALLY)
- Click the ‘Users Tab’ and select ‘Reviewer>Invite.’
- On the ‘Invite Reviewer’ page, enter the email of the Reviewer. Click ‘Search.’
- If the user is not in CMT, enter the user’s information then click ‘Create This User.’
- Click ‘Next’ on the ensuing page.
- The next page is where you will edit the email that will be sent to the prospective reviewer. If no edits are necessary, click “Preview.’
- This is the preview of the email that will be sent to the prospective reviewer. Click ‘Send.’
- The invitation has been sent. Click on ‘Manage Reviewer Invites’ to view decisions.
INVITE REVIEWER (BULK)
- Click the ‘Users Tab’ and select ‘Reviewer>Invite (Bulk).’
- The Bulk Invite Reviewers page opens. To bulk invite reviewers please upload a "Tab Delimited" file. Each line of the file must contain the following tab delimited fields (order must be preserved):
- Open a text editor and enter the reviewers’ information as noted in the ‘Bulk Invite Reviewer’ page.
- Save the file as ‘Tab Delimited.’
- From the ‘Bulk Invite Reviewer’ page click ‘Upload user list.’
- Click ‘Open.’
- Verify the data. Click ‘Next.’
- The compose email page opens. Review the email. If you expand the ‘4 recipients’ in the ‘To’ line you will see they are the ones just added.
- Click ‘Close.’
- Click ‘Preview.’
- This would be the first of four emails to be sent. You can view the others by clicking ‘next.’
- When satisfied, click ‘Send.’
- Click the link, ‘Manage Reviewer Invites.’
The ‘Manage Reviewer Invites’ page opens. The ‘Status’ column shows if the Reviewer responded.
SEND INVITE REMINDER EMAIL
- Go to the ‘Manage Reviewer Invites’ page by clicking the ‘Users’ tab from the ‘Chair Console’ and selecting ‘Reviewer>Manage Invites.’
- Once on the ‘Manage Reviewer Invites’ page, filter for ‘Not Responded.’
- Click Actions>Email.
- Create a new template to remind the Reviewers to respond.
- After creating the template, click ‘Preview & Send emails.’ (Below is just an example. Your verbiage will differ.)
- Once satisfied, click ‘Send Emails.’
Sometimes a Reviewer will accept an invitation then, subsequently, delete their CMT account. What you will see in the 'Manage Reviewer Invites' page will be a guid (string of numbers) in place of the Name, Email and Organization. It will look similar to this: