HOW-TO: Request a Conference
In order to have a conference site in CMT, you will need to request one. This document explains how to fill out the New Site Request form.
Once you submit the request for your conference, it can take up to 72 hours for the conference site to be created.
Once the request is approved and the conference site created, you will receive an email with all the information pertaining to your conference.
WHERE TO FIND THE FORM
- Log into the Conference Request Site: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/CMTSRM
- From the Author Console, click “+ Create new site request”
CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSION
The New CMT Site Request page opens. It is important to read the criteria for submission:
Before clicking "Submit" to save your request, please make sure that you use the correct information in the correct format for the conference.
Include AT LEAST ONE chair with a non-anonymous, university email. Request with all chair emails using webmail providers such as Gmail will be REJECTED.
SHORT NAME: The short name will be part of your conference URL. It will be initialization or acronym of your conference name with the year of the conference immediately afterward. There cannot be any spaces or special characters.
Use mm/dd/yyyy format for dates (Start Date, End Date, Paper Submission Due Date) for site request.
The CONFERENCE LOGO should be 200px wide and 64px tall.
- The page automatically designates you as a Chair.
- To add an additional Chair, enter the Chair’s email address into the field (in yellow below) and click add.
- If the Chair you wish to add is not a user in CMT, you will see “User was not found. To add a new user, please enter information below and click Add Button.” If the Chair is already a user, the Chair will be added to the end of the Chairs list.
- Once added, the Chair’s information will appear in the list. The ‘X’ icon on the end of the rows are there so you may delete the entries.
- Enter the full name of the conference
- This short name will be part of your conference URL. It will be an initialization or acronym of your conference name with the year of the conference immediately afterward. Also, there cannot be any spaces or special characters.
For example, if your conference title is 'Contoso’s Conference on Artificial Intelligence,' the short name would be 'CCAI2021.' The conference will be fully searchable in CMT by either the full conference name or the short name.
Location and Dates
- Enter the City of the conference, the Country, start and end dates of the conference, and paper submission due date. The dates must be in mm/dd/yyyy format. For example, June 1st, 2020 would be 06/01/2020.
External Website and Research Area
- Enter external website for the conference, research area, how you heard about CMT and keywords used.
- Enter an estimated number of submissions.
ACM Conference Confirmation
- Select 'Yes' or 'No' for the question “Is your conference an ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) conference?”.
If your conference is a multi-track conference you can add the tracks in this textbox.
Just list the names of the tracks without numbering, bulleting, or lettering them.
- Design Methodologies for xxx
- Wireless Advantage for xxx
- Emerging Technologies for xxx
- Enter any special requests.
- If you have a conference logo, you can drag and drop the file into the dotted region or click the “Upload from Computer” button.
- When you have completed the form, click Submit.